Benson Health Clinic (BHC) is a small PMHNP and psychotherapist clinic in Eugene, OR. Founded and operated by Amber Benson, PMHNP. BHC is a welcoming and peaceful environment for clients to obtain individualized mental health care. BHC is also a resource staff supportive and prosperous clinical practice site for PMHNPs. Currently, BHC is looking to expand the clinic by adding one or two full and/or part-time PMHNP’s to our team of four PMHNPs and three psychotherapists.
What We Offer
PMHNP compensation is a contracted percentage of the PMHNP’s NET receivables. This means, for example, that when a PMHNP sees a client for mental health assessment, monitoring, medication management, and/or psychotherapy, that PMHNP codes the client appointment based on standard PMH insurance codes for services provided. When insurance pays the clinic for those services, the PMHNP receives the larger percentage (what has been contracted with the PMHNP) of this insurance payment amount). In Oregon, an independent PMHNP practice state, PMHNPs are paid on parity with MD psychiatrists.
BHC PMHNPs delineate their own BHC practice. This means the PMHNP can develop a specialized practice if he/she chooses and choose the length of appointments.
Health Benefits for full time position, greater than 24 hours per week (health, dental, vision, etc)
Benson Health Clinic has in-house billing department which allows BHC to submit claims on the next business day. To date, we have less than 5% outstanding claims clinic-wide.
BHC provides Insurance Company Credentialing:
Getting “credentialed” onto insurance panels is a tedious and time consuming process. Credentialing/Contracting with insurance companies is handled in-house by administrative staff at Benson Health Clinic.
You create your own schedule within Benson Health Clinic’s business hours.
- OfficeAlly: Our EMR system which includes scheduling, billing, online ERX.
- Support staff including medical assistants ( i.e. for VS, wt. prior authorization responses, responding to clients on advice of PMHNP, refill notifications, etc. that is part of your team)
- Office space/Utilities ( offices have windows of the Willamette River)
- Business cards
- Prescription pads/paper
- Medical record support
- Administrative support
- Office supplies
- Business liability insurance
- Insurance verification for all patients
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Provide ANA standards of PMHNP care, such as:
- Conduct and complete Psychiatric Evaluations including diagnostic formulation, clinical risk assessment, and treatment recommendations.
- Prescribe and review medications of her/his panel of clients. Monitor side effects of prescribed medications.
- Provide clients with information necessary to make informed consents.
- Provide back up support to other members of the PMHNP team.
- Order and monitor laboratory studies, metabolic parameters, and other tests needed to safely monitor client’s ongoing psychiatric health.
- Consultation and referrals to Primary Care Providers and medical specialists for management of the client’s physical health care.
- Coordination with others involved in clients care such as: Pharmacies, Caregivers, Case Managers, and Therapists.
- Maintain standards of confidentiality and documentation. Provide thorough and timely documentation using our electronic health record and prescription program.
The successful candidate has a Master’s degree in nursing in psychiatric mental health nursing, a DNP with PMHNP specialty, or post MS PMHNP certificate, and be eligible for ANCC PMHNP certification and Oregon Licensing as a PMHNP with prescriptive authority. PMHNP with psychiatric mental health inpatient and/or outpatient experience as an RN and/or NP is preferred. Candidate must be eligible for or have a DEA License and be able to prescribe scheduled medications. Candidate will have healthy interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills and a passion for providing excellent care in a changing healthcare environment.
- Current State of Oregon Nurse Practitioner license
- PMHNP Board Certification
- National Provider Identifier (NPI)
- DEA Registration number
- Prefer psychiatric nursing experience but will consider a recent graduate (PMHNP mentoring available)
- Prescriptive experience required
Contact us with any questions or to apply for an employment opportunity at Benson Health Clinic.